Wednesday 5 August 2009

Nicky's 3rd Day in Childcare

Today, we were on time...reached the childcare centre at about 8am. Manage to get nicky to eat some breakfast and today, the Breakfast Menu - Cereal with milk & banana

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I taught him to clear his own plate yesterday, reminded him how to do it this morning again and soon after that, he was going to clear the "toy" plates as well!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The kids started to play around before settling down for class. At that time, I made my slip and disappeared after taking some videos (with my camera) so that the videos will be SAVED properly! and went for breakfast with ah dee.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

When i went back, nicky was looking for me and yup, he looked like he was controlling not to cry and when he saw me... So i had to carry him for awhile before he settled down for their outdoor activity. Nicky's english teacher filled me in as I've missed 2 parts of their lessons - 1) balloon painting 2) introducing salt & sugar (feeling and tasting) and she took some pictures of Nicky doing the balloon painting which she will be sending to me :)

The outdoor activity was not too good for nicky...not sure why? Yesterday he was ok but today, it was like Day 1, he doesn't want to walk with the teachers. He will cling on to me when we walk out of the centre. Then his chinese teacher persuaded him to walk with her, but he didn't give in, so i signalled to her to take him and so she did, carried him and I could hear him crying as they were walking to the playground. I played the private investigator game with the help of another mummy, hiding myself as they walk along the path...peeping at him occasionally...and then appeared to praise him as he stopped crying...and then disappear again cos he started to look for me again... Well, I guess he will learn to be independent soon and I will need to learn to let go too.

So today I would give him a 7 out of 10.
Tomorrow will be a big struggle, cos I will not be able to accompany him ïnside the school...so I do expect alot of crying...and I will be peeping from outside like some of the other parents. I am quite glad that I have taken this opportunity to start nicky with school cos I really can't imgaine myself going back to work the next day and putting him there for the whole day and not being able to peep at him or see how he is coping... (not sure how you did it Zena?!)

Here's some pictures of him having lunch and washing his hands after eating:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment