Monday 3 August 2009

Nicky's 1st Day in Childcare

probably everyone's waiting for this post... :)

It started last night. Me, preparing his bag for school. Looks like this is the beginning of his learning journey, school days...for nicky and me. cos I can already picture myself packing his bag everyday for maybe the next 15 yrs?? And even if he learns to pack his bag, I know I will be peeping and checking to make sure that everything is inside. and not just 1 bag, nattie's bag too! Now i know what my mummy has been doing for me when i started school... *muaks* THANK YOU MUMMY and it is my turn now...

Here's the very basic that i put in, excluding the water bottle cos he can sling. I didn't bring his Bath towel cos I'm not quite sure what their timetable is like. So we will try for 1 day and see how.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Nicky's 1st day in school, was almost perfect, i will give him 9.5 out of 10. well...people who know him, know that he is a happy baby and isn't afraid of strangers unless u look like a creature, but then again, he might just love u the same. So he was super friendly to his new schoolmates and teachers, observing and also giving hugs and kisses to a girl chi yan (who is also a newcomer & in the same class). He would roam around playing with all the toys and occasionally run towards me. Other than that, he seemed pre-occupied with the toys and running around the centre with chi yan.


Well, hopefully his cheeriness and smiles will not end after these 3 days... Cos I can only sit-in for these 1st 3 days and then after that he is on his own. Looking on the bright side, I will only be sending him half-day for this month until early september than I'll start him on full-day.

There were 3 newcomers today, including nicky himself. The other 2 are 19 months old. As we waited for our turn outside, I took some pictures. Yes, the cruel mommy made him sit on the floor to wait for his turn. Hahah! And his butt only touched the floor less then 2 secs and he was up again. He just stood there with his new ball in his hand, waiting for the door to open ;) ~ how kan cheong

PhotobucketPhotobucket

He was just so eager to step into the centre despite the teacher taking his temperature, talking to me~guiding me to sign in and out etc. He was peeping into the door and was ready to charge in the whole time!

Each of them have to wear a name tag. And nicky's one sounds like his has a ang-mo father cos it reads Nicholas Ashley instead of Nicholas Cheng! While others had their names like Joelle Ng, Iris Tan, Grace Goh etc.
Photobucket

We started with breakfast and he was sitting and watching the teachers feeding the other kids, all older kids. Breakfast Menu - cornflakes with apple + hot milk

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Some pictures taken while he was playing...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

And here's a picture of nicky peeeping at me while at the playground...
Photobucket

Daddy & KaoFu! see me slide on my own! (only my shorts are not co-operating, i keep getting stuck halfway) ;)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Nicky's english teacher has also given me a Communication Book ~ so that we can convey messages to each other. Which I feel is very good, in case we dont get to see the teacher all the time, we can still update each other thru'this little book :) So, i'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this book will contain not too many complaints from the teachers...
Photobucket



And tonite, he knocked out in less than 5 mins after i put him to bed. Before that, I asked him if he wants to go school tomorrow? and his answer was really loud & clear - "M"~! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment