Monday 4 May 2009

15mth Assessment

Brought nicky for his 15th mth assessment on saturday... :)
Lucky it wasnt a long wait this time, as i had an appointment at 1030am, well we got to see Dr Tan at 1150am.

He got his MMR vaccine and instead of the pneumococcal vaccine, I opt to give nicky the Flu vaccine for the recent hype on swine flu & H1N1 Flu. And we will be back again after 1 mth for the next dose of Flu vaccine and 2nd pneumococcal jab.

Dr Tan oso assessed a few things and I am able to give a firm answer to;
· He can walk steadily without any support at 14+mth.
· He can say "I" when we say "I see..."

· He can respond by pointing to his head, nose, stomach, eyes and toes when you ask him.

I also told Dr Tan that he loves to imitate, eg. he will make a snoring sound when you ask him, "how does grandpa snore?" or even, how you snore, he will do it! :)

Only for the tests that Dr Tan did, I was rather worried cos I actually am not sure if Nicky could do it cos these are some things that we do not do with him...and they are:
· Scribbling on his own
· Stacking blocks on top of each other



And I was impressed that Nicky could do it! Even Dr Tan said that Nicky is responding very well, cos he did it almost immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment